Use your iPhone to track how many days it is until the Big Man himself makes an appearance.
Christmas is just around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited. Perhaps you’re working in the run up and spend lots of time staring at your phone checking emails? What better way to keep your spirits high than a Christmassy background and a countdown to the big day!
Maybe you’re counting down the days to Christmas because it’s your absolute favourite day of the year. Or you’re counting down the days until your next day off work. Maybe you’re a bit of a Scrooge and you’re counting down the days until it’s all over – whatever it is, we pass no judgement!
We just thought you might want to hear how you can make the most of iOS 14’s new widgets. It’s not just the countdown you can add, you can also set a beautiful Christmassy image to your screen for that extra personal touch.
How many days?
Before you get started, you’ll want to download your perfect winter image so you can set it as the widget background. If you’ve got your own picture of the kids at Lapland last Christmas or a shot of the dog in the snow last year, this will be perfect.
So, here we snow! Sorry, go…
1. Launch the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Search for ‘Colour Widgets’ and install it on your device.
3. Open the app and scroll right down to the Countdown section.
4. Search for Christmas Widget and tap on Set Widgets.
5. If you want to set your own background, tap Edit Widget to replace the image, customise the theme, fonts, and text!
6. Make your way back to the home screen.
7. Long-press anywhere on the screen so that your apps begin to dance.
8. Tap on the + icon at the top of your screen and select your beautifully designed Christmas Countdown Widget from Colour Widgets.
9. Choose your size and tap Add Widget.
10. Move your widget anywhere you want to, and tap Done in the top right corner.
That’s you good to go. You can enjoy your very own, personal, countdown to Christmas. If you’re a sucker for the New Year celebrations, this next countdown is for you.
One for the New Year fans.
For many of us, Christmas is an absolutely hectic time of year what with all the gift buying, present wrapping, cooking for 12 people, and then the cleaning up afterwards. So, New Years Eve is the day we look forward to.
The time when Christmas is almost over, and despite the fact that we love it every year, it’s sometimes nice to see the back of it. We look forward to a nice bottle of wine, jotting down New Year’s resolutions (that we almost never stick to) and bringing in the New Year with our loved ones. Plus, this is certainly a year we’ll be glad to see the end of!
The good news is that there’s a great New Year Countdown Widget that you can download thanks to iOS 14.
1) Launch up the App Store.
2) Search for Colour Widgets App and install it.
3) Open the app and scroll down to find the Countdown section.
4) Have a good search until you stumble on the New Year widget.
5) You can again have a play around and set any backgrounds you want to. (Maybe the one of you wine drunk from last year).
6) Go back to your home screen and long-press your screen to get your apps jiggling.
7) Choose how big you want your countdown to be and click Set Widget. You can then move it anywhere you want!
The countdown is on!
No matter which holiday it is that you’re counting down the days until, iOS 14 has you covered. You’ll love unlocking your iPhone and seeing your very own personalised countdown.
This news couldn’t have come at a better time, what with so many fantastic iPhone deals featured in our Christmas sale. Well, what you waiting for? Bag yourself a new iPhone and get creative with these festive widgets!