Follow this easy guide and see how easy it is to transfer all your bits and bobs to your new iPhone.
There’s nothing quite like opening the box of a new iPhone. A fresh display with no wear and tear, an untouched design, and exciting and yet unexplored new features to play around with. One thing we all want to keep the same is our content.
Our phones literally hold our lives in them. Every photo we’ve ever taken, every contact we’ve ever saved, every app we’ve ever downloaded – and the list goes on!
This handy guide will give you step-by-step instructions on how to easily transfer all the data on your old iPhone to your new iPhone.
And what a time to read this guide. Apple have just unveiled four brand new iPhones. Introducing iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max.
The last thing we want when we get a new iPhone, is to lose all of our important bits and bobs. Here's how not to.
Why this way is automatic. Systematic. Hydro- just automatic actually.
The easiest way to transfer your data from one iPhone to the next is via Automatic Setup. There’s no need for computers or iTunes and your new iPhone can be up and running in no time. Here’s how:
1) Power on your new iPhone by holding down the lock button on either the top of the iPhone on older models and on the right hand side for newer iPhones.
2) Place your new iPhone next to your old iPhone.
3) The Quick Start screen (automatic setup) will appear on your old device and offers the option of using your existing Apple ID to set up your new iPhone. Check it’s the Apple ID that you want to use, then tap continue.
4) If the Quick Start option doesn’t appear on your old device, then continue on your new iPhone, ensuring Bluetooth is turned on, on both devices.
5) Wait for an animation to appear on your new iPhone. Hold your old iPhone over your new iPhone then centre the animation in the viewfinder. Wait for a message that says Finish on your new iPhone.
6) When prompted, enter your current iPhone’s passcode on your new iPhone.
7) You may be given the option to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new device, if it supports these features. You can choose to set them up there and then or at a later time that’s more convenient for you.
8) When asked, enter your Apple ID email address and password on your new device.
9) Your new device will offer the choice of transferring data from your old device to your new or the option of restoring apps, data, and settings from your most recent iCloud backup.
10) Select the option that best suits you. If you’re an Apple Watch user, you’ll also be asked if you’d like to transfer your Apple Watch data and settings.
Flying through the cloud.
For those of you who like to store everything on iCloud, there’s a simple way that you can transfer all your things from your old iPhone to your new. Here’s how:
1) Make sure your new iPhone is turned off.
2) Open Settings on your old iPhone and tap the Apple ID banner.
3) Select iCloud and then tap iCloud Backup.
4) Select Back Up Now. When this back up is complete, turn your old iPhone off.
5) Now is the time to move your SIM card to your new iPhone if you’re keeping the same one.
6) Turn on your new iPhone and choose your language. You’ll also be asked to setup your Wi-Fi at this point.
7) When prompted, tap Restore from iCloud backup.
8) Sign into your iCloud account. This should be the same as your Apple ID.
9) Tap next and follow the steps until you’re asked to select which backup you want to restore.
10) Choose the backup you just made, and your data will be restored.
Transferring all of your data doesn’t have to be stressful. Whether you’ve got 3,000 photos or enough contacts to fill the Yellow Pages, these two methods will ensure you’ve got everything you need.
Want to keep up to date with the latest iPhone? Browse our best iPhone 13 deals today and enjoy free delivery.