Out with the old, in with the new. Here are 10 easy steps to help you transfer data from your old android to your new.
You’re sat at the kitchen table with your new phone, boxed up in front of you. You’re eager to open it up and get your hands on the latest cutting edge tech that your phone of choice has to offer.
Whether you’re Samsung loyal or switching things up to Goole Pixel, you’ll want to make sure that you can keep all your photos, contacts, apps, and settings the same on your new phone.
Your brain might already be severely overthinking this process and by this point your hands may be sweating. We’re here to help. This is not as difficult as it sounds and with these 10 easy steps, you’ll be on your way in no time.
Working with Wi-Fi.
To transfer all your data over to your new Android, you’re going to need two things: a steady Wi-Fi connection and your old Android phone (with all your data still on it of course). Here are the 10 steps to follow:
1) Power up your new device and hit Start. You’ll be prompted to set up your Wi-Fi at this stage before being asked to sign into your Google account.
2) Ensure your old phone is switched on and is close by to your new device. You’ll be presented with the Copy apps & data screen and should tap Next to begin transferring all of your data from your old phone.
3) You’ll be directed to the Bring your data from… page where you should select A backup from an Android phone.
4) You’ll then get a set of instructions on how to restore data. Tap Next to start the data transfer.
5) A lot of hit Next’s going on here we know. Hit Next once more here. You’ll now need to authorise the data transfer on the Verify your phone page. You’ll need your old phone for the next bit.
6) On your old phone open Settingsand find the Google tab.
7) Select Set up & restore and then tap Set up nearby device.
8) You’ll be directed to the Getting started page and should hit Next. Your phone will now begin looking for nearby devices. When it finds your new phone, you can verify the patterns on both devices which will ensure that a connection is established.
9) Tap Next to confirm the screen lock on your old phone. You’ll then be prompted to choose Copy when you reach the Copy to your new device? page.
10) Switch over to your new phone and log into your Google account and confirm your password once more. Here you can choose which settings you want to restore, and you’ll be ready to go – easy peasy!
Switch it smart.
There’s more than one way that you can switch all your data from your old Android to your new one. Smart Switch - an app that takes away the stress of losing any of your photos, videos, settings, and even little things like your call history!
1) Download the Smart Switch app from the Play Store onto your old phone.
2) Connect to Wi-Fi on both phones or connect both your old phone and new phone together with a USB cable.
3) Go into the app and choose which data and preferences you want to keep when you transfer it over to your new phone.
4) You’ll be given the option to start the transfer and will simply need to wait and let the Smart Switch app do the work for you.
Easy, peasy, lemon, squeezy!
Switching your data to your new Android has never been easier. Even if you can’t access a Wi-Fi connection, you can move everything over just by using a USB cable. This handy guide comes at a perfect time, as Samsung prepare to host their Galaxy Unpacked Event on the 14th January – will you be treating yourself this month?
If you can’t quite wait that long don’t worry, we’ve got some top Android phones available now. You can get huge data deals with all the texts and calls you could need, plus with free next day delivery, you can order it today and enjoy it tomorrow!
Looking for more handy data transfer guides? Check them out here.