From cooler car journeys to your own text bubbles – Android 11 is not one to miss.
If long car journeys and temporarily ignoring people is your thing, Android 11 is perfect. We’re totally joking about the ignoring part, but this latest version of the software offers some incredible features that you’ll want to get on your Android device, ASAP.
From Android Auto to pinned text bubbles that you can save and reply to later, this is the most exciting update that we’ve seen from Google in a long time. We thought you’d like a helping hand in how to upgrade to Android 11.
The ultimate upgrade.
If your phone is compatible with Android 11, we strongly recommend you get it downloaded as quickly as possible. This update has been rolled out, slowly, over a number of Android devices, with more being added to the list all the time.
The following mobiles can download the update right now:
- Google Pixel 2 / 2XL / 3XL / 3a / 3A xl / 4 / 4XL / 4a / 4A 5G / 5
- Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10 Plus / S10e / S10 Lite / S20 / S20 Plus / S20 Ultra / S21 / S21 Plus / S21 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy A32 / A51
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / Note 10 Plus / Note 10 Lite / Note 20 / Note 20 Ultra
- OnePlus 8 / 8 Pro / 8T
- Sony Xperia 1 II / 5 II / 10 II
- Nokia 1.4 / 3.4 / 8.3 5G
If your phone is on the list, you’re in luck. As with all technology, things can go wrong. The key thing here is to back up your data so you don’t lose the things you love the most.
To back up your Android, follow these 5 easy steps.
1) Go to Settings and select System.
2) Click on Backup.
3) This will open a page that says Back up to Google Drive. It will display all the data that will be backed up when you select this option.
4) Turn the backup option on and choose the Google account that you want the data to be backed up to.
5) Once this is done, your phone will back up the things you’ve selected so you can restore or recover when you reset your phone or buy a new one.
You might think this step is a little extreme, but we’d hate for you to blame us if you lose your cherished pet albums or every contact in your phone book – so really, we’re saving our own bacon.
Once this is all done, we think you can safely move on to updating your phone and the process is super simple.
1) Back up all your data – so you don’t lose your photos, contacts, and everything in between.
2) Open the Settings menu.
3) Select System, then Advanced, then System Update.
4) Select Check for Update then download Android 11.
You’ll then be able to enjoy the perks of Android 11 with ease, and if anything does happen to go wrong, all of your content is stored safely and securely in your Google Drive account.
Don’t just update your phone, update your life.
Okay, so that might be a touch on the melodramatic side, but that’s just how passionate we feel about this upgrade.
If you’ve delved into all the amazing features that Android 11 has to offer but need a new phone to enjoy them on, you’re in luck.
While Android may have taken care of the software side of things, we’ve got you covered when it comes to getting a great deal on the hardware.
We’ve got some unmissable prices on the very best in the Android world, ready and waiting for everything Android 11 has to offer.