Here are my thoughts on the latest from Apple.
I’ve had iPhones since my BlackBerry days. When BBM died and iMessage came to life, I joined the hype, and I haven’t looked back.
While I can appreciate all the incredible devices on the market right now, I just love everything about iPhone.
FaceTime, iMessage, the design, the camera and everything in between. It’s fair to say that I was really looking forward to September this year, and not because it’s my birthday month, but because that’s when Apple were expected to unleash their new devices.
Design and display.
If I’m being 100% honest, when I saw iPhone 13, I thought the same as everyone else. Well besides the new camera positioning, what’s changed?
But then I thought, well why fix something that was never broken to begin with? iPhone 13 boasts the aerospace aluminium bands that we know and love, meaning we’re guaranteed a phone that’s sleek and feels good to hold.
This is perfect for those of you who, like me, seem to have their phone in their hand at every opportunity.
When it comes to iPhones, I’ve got a bit of a bad rep. I find that they seem to jump out of my hands onto the floor or the classic falling into the toilet – even after everyone I know told me to take it out of my jeans’ pocket.
The Ceramic Shield glass and IP68 rating for dust and water resistance brings me that extra sense of protection – which I certainly need.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, when it comes to colours, some would say I’m boring. Everything in my wardrobe is either black, beige or white and this is transferrable to previous iPhones I’ve had.
I always seem to play it safe and go for the black variations, in iPhone 13’s case, midnight. However, the all-new pink has certainly caught my eye. It’s not in your face, Barbie-pink, but rather a little dash of sparkle – which I love.
Who doesn’t love options? I know I do. You can also bag yourself iPhone 13 in blue, starlight or (PRODUCT)RED.
When it comes to displays, nobody does it like Apple. iPhone 13 boasts a 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR display, which for me is just the right size.
It delivers enough room to binge watch Friends on, but on a scale that allows me to carry it in my pocket – despite everyone telling me not too…
I love living in the moment, I really do, but sometimes things just need to be caught on camera.
I’m not ashamed to admit that 90% of my camera roll is my dogs and the other 10% is food. I just can’t help myself but pull out my camera at every given chance and iPhone 13 makes photography easy for a beginner like me.
The 12MP wide and ultra-wide lenses add more perspective to your shots and are ideal for getting all 3 dogs in one shot let me tell you.
With the brutal, cold, rainy and dark winter ahead of us (maybe a tad dramatic), iPhone 13 has night mode across both lenses. If you finish work at 5pm and it’s already pitch black outside, you can still get great shots.
Some things are best seen in film and with 4K video recording, the iPhone 13 camera just keeps getting better to me. While my videos will be yet another shot of my biggest dog, Buddy, bringing his ball back for the 407th time, the possibilities are endless.
Cinematic mode brings a whole new aspect to story-telling. Picture your favourite Hollywood blockbuster movie – no judgement whatever it is. We see seamless shifts in focus and now thanks to iPhone 13, we can feel like the big directors too.
I’m back to dogs again, shocking I know, but when I’m videoing one of them and they’re moving around making it difficult to get the best footage, but cinematic mode will hold focus on a subject, even when they’re bouncing around.
Battery and performance.
Like I previously said, I use my iPhone all day, every day. iPhone 13 comes with a number of advancements that make it perfect for myself and so many others.
With 2.5 hours of extra battery life when compared to iPhone 12, which as an entertainment lover, is perfect. For me, running out of battery is the biggest pain when it comes to my mobile.
Performance wise, 5G is a necessity for me. I spend a lot of time out of the house, away from trusty Wi-Fi, so I rely on a fast connection so I can waste my time on TikTok or catch up on TV while on the go.
This is why iPhone 13 ticks a lot of boxes for me. Pair this will the all-new A15 Bionic chip, and you’ve got practically flawless performance every time.
I’m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to my phone. I can’t seem to part with photos or apps that I never, ever use. That’s why when Apple announced that iPhone 13 would have up to 512GB of storage, I was thrilled.
I’m getting mine, when are you getting yours?
So, that’s my take on iPhone 13. Our Black Friday sale is back with a bang and we’ve got unmissable prices on iPhone 13 across all four major UK networks.
Hey, we’ll even throw in free next-day delivery so you can enjoy all of the great things I’ve spoken about, as soon as tomorrow!