No need to call the movers, take all your data with you.
Moving can be a scary and lengthy process, whether that’s moving house or changing jobs. But the scariest move of all is when you switch phones.
The panic of losing all your photos, contacts and everything in between is almost too much to bare.
Luckily for you, it doesn’t have to be hard or scary! There’s a simple way to make the switch and keep all of your data.
This handy guide couldn’t have come at a more perfect time with Google launching two new incredible Android devices: Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
Both of these mobiles boast all-new camera advancements, Google’s new Tensor Chip and dazzling colours.
If you’re currently on iPhone and want a taste of the Android life, then these 5 easy steps will make your switch much faster.
Switching made easy.
There are a number of things that you’ll want to take with you to your new phone. The endless snaps of your dog, videos of the little ones, your jam packed calendar and the many contacts you have stored of people you almost never talk to.
Here’s how to transfer it all over.
1) Download Google Drive onto your iPhone and sign in with your Google Account.
2) If you don’t have a Google Account, you’ll be prompted to create one when you’ve downloaded Google Drive.
3) Head to Settings in Google Drive and tap Backup. This will store all of the content from your iPhone or alternatively, select what it is you want to back up.
4) Head to Settings on your iPhone and turn off iMessage and FaceTime. This will ensure that you don’t miss any calls or text messages in the process of transferring.
5) Load up your new Android and sign in using the same Google Account you created on your iPhone.
After following these 5 easy steps, all you need to do is log into your new Android device using the same Google Account.
And voila! As if by magic, your Google Contacts, Calendar and Photos app will all be synced with those from your iPhone.
It may take some time for it all to transfer over, but if you swipe down from the top of your screen, you’ll be able to see the status of the transfer.